- Discover the ancestral homeland of the Taino Indians at a private nature reserve near Arecibo
- Explore river caves, go body rafting, and hike through the tropical forest
- Small-group tour ensures a more personal experience
- Round-trip transportation, refreshments, and all equipment included for a hassle-free experience
Departure & Return
Your safety and health are our priority. You will need to travel in your own car. We will meet you in Panadería Gerizim3, Arecibo, and escort you throughout the way to our property, located 20 mins. away. It is a beautiful ride. To learn about best car rental rates, contact us at 787 900 7755.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Important: Guests must bring their own personal face mask and wear it at all time. All hosts and guests will undergo a temperature check at our meeting place. If anyone is running a temperature of more than 100.4° F, that person will not be allowed to participate, per CDC guidelines.
- Total activity duration: 5.5 hours, average, door to door
- Experience duration: 3.5 hours average
- Location: A private wildlife sanctuary in a pristine tropical forest, North West of Puerto Rico.
- Travel time: Approximately one hour.
- Age limit: Minimum standard age is 10 years old; agile younger children (8 or 9) are welcome.
- Level of difficulty: Average. Requires a good level of physical exertion/fitness; anyone who is agile and in good health may participate.
- Restrictions: You need to be agile, active and be in good health. For their own safety, pregnant women cannot participate, nor anyone who has undergone recent surgery, has back injuries, nor those with a serious heart, respiratory or neurologic condition, such as epilepsy.
- What to wear
- Top: comfortable top, lightweight & breathable made of synthetic quick dry material.
- Bottom: Ladies may wear bathing suit as a first layer, then 'leggings' or light sports pants on top. Gentlemen may wear swim trunks, also bike pants or light sports pant.
- Shoes: Sneakers, closed-toe outdoor shoes, light hiking boots.
- What to bring
- Face mask. Change of clothes, including shoes, and towel. That will remain at the private facilities.
- Any personal medications if needed.
- Waterproof camera.
- Explora's Uniqueness
- Over two decades of existence and more than 25,000 happy customers.
- Honored by Trip Advisor with the Excellence Award.
- Unparalleled track record of no accidents.
- Followers of ‘Leave No Trace’ low impact environmental principles.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Wellness check point: All hosts and guests will undergo a temperature check at our meeting place. We will use a no-contact infrared thermometer. If any host or guest is running a temperature of more than 100.4° F, that person will not be allowed to participate in the experience, per CDC guidelines.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Travel Declaration- Each guest must declare if experiencing health symptoms of any kind, and report if he/she has been in direct contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days. This questionnaire will be provided to you electronically, 24 hours before the experience day, by email, as a text message or through WhatsApp. You must return the Travel Declaration prior to arrival at the meeting place for the experience. To safeguard the health of everyone, if any guest is experiencing health symptoms possibly related to COVID-19, that person will not be allowed to participate in the experience, per CDC guidelines.
- Medical Form. You must fill out our Medical Form. You must be in good health to participate in our activities. For their own safety, the following cannot participate in our experiences: persons who are pregnant or have recently undergone surgical procedures, have serious heart conditions, respiratory system conditions, back injuries, or epilepsy, among others. If you have any questions concerning your health, please contact us at any time. You must also agree on our waiver. Participants under 21 years old will need a legal guardian to sign off on it. The Medical Form and Waiver will be sent to you electronically, as an email, text message or WhatsApp as soon as you book.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Explora
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands